Saturday, May 28, 2011

Low Sodium: Take Six

Garlic Herb Bread

Note: Cooking with no sodium is hard. Sometimes the food tastes funny or bland and I can't tell if it's the recipe that's weird, my cooking, or the fact that I'm using substitutes for things that have lots of sodium (like...salt. And baking powder and baking soda). Because things taste different,  they don't get eaten like the foods I've made before. It's very disheartening.Oh well. I still like cooking and I some low sodium things taste good. Like the following recipe!

This recipe was taken from this site. I followed the recipe, except that I added more spices than they called for. The dough came out great and I was even able to braid it like it says! I was so proud of myself. It was huge, too! It looks so small when you start out, but it gets so HUGE when it rises. I didn't like it at first - I thought the crust seemed a little bit flour-y. However, I ate more of it today and I realized that it's pretty fantastic - especially slathered in butter (but then, most things are).

Sorry for the lack of pictures. That's what happens when you have a lack of (digital, less expensive than film) camera. 

Love,
Scout

No comments:

Post a Comment