Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cooking With Sodium

Banana Pancakes.

This morning I made banana pancakes for breakfast. They were pretty spectacular.
Ingredients:
Pancake mix and necessary ingredients
Banana
Cinnamon
Sugar
Vanilla extract 
Chopped pecans (optional)

First I made pancake batter. I used a box mix that called for:
1c. mix
1/2 c. milk
1 egg.

Then I mashed up half of a banana in a bowl with some cinnamon and sugar (fun story: I wasn't paying attention when I grabbed the cinnamon out of the cabinet and almost put cayenne pepper in my pancakes!) and added it to the batter.
Next I added some crushed pecans and a tiny bit of vanilla extract. I mixed the batter together and made the pancakes.
I topped them off with butter, sprinkled cinnamon sugar, banana slices, and chopped pecans. I don't know how they'd taste with syrup - I'm not much of a syrup person, though, so I didn't try it.



PS. Sorry for the terrible photo quality. I only have access to one camera - can you believe it's digital? I cannot get the quality to be any better than the above photos. It upsets me greatly.

Love,
Scout

No comments:

Post a Comment