This isn't exactly alfredo, but I don't know quite what it is. I guess we'll just call it spinach and chicken in a creamy white sauce. I'm really creative when it comes to names - can't you tell?
Half & Half or heavy cream - even milk would work
Onions - fresh or dried
1. Cut up some chicken into bite size pieces and cook in a pan with olive oil and pepper (or another kind of oil, if you'd prefer). Start cooking your pasta while you are cooking your chicken.
2. When chicken is done cooking, remove it from the pan.
3. Pour in 3 c. chicken broth, 1 c. half & half or heavy cream, whichever you have on hand. Stir.
4. Stir some cornstarch into a bit of cold water and add it to the broth/cream mixture as a thickener.
5. Toss in some seasonings - I used a smidgen of cayenne pepper, garlic, and dried minced onions (I was too lazy to cut up an onion). Add 1/4 Parmesan cheese, or more if you'd prefer. Stir.
6. Add spinach. We had frozen on hand, but of course fresh would be delicious. Depending on how much time you have, you might want to cook the spinach before adding it to the sauce.
7. Let sauce sit until spinach is cooked. Stir occasionally.
8. Add chicken to sauce, add some sauce to your noodles, and enjoy.