Friday, December 23, 2011

Pierogies.

Somehow or other this idea popped into my head last semester at college. I bought some pierogies for something simple to cook when I didn't want to eat in the cafeteria (which was actually all the time).
I was cooking in a dorm kitchen, which was really nice, but not well stocked. So, I was looking through the cabinets to see if there was anything I wanted to toss on my pierogies and onions (you can't have pierogies without onions), then I spotted the cinnamon.
Yes, I put cinnamon on my onions and pierogies.
Yes, it's a weird idea.
But it tasted good.
So here's how you do it.

1. Buy pierogies.

2. Sautee onions in butter and cinnamon.

3. While you're sauteeing the onions, place a pot of hot water on the stove to boil. Place frozen pierogies in the water and leave them there until they float to the top.

4. Remove onions from pan. Move pierogies from pot of water to frying pan and cook to brown. I tend to almost burn things, usually on purpose. You don't have to make them as dark as mine are. You have my permission.


Love,
Scout

PS. In case you didn't know, a pierogie is basically some pasta stuffed with mashed potatoes and cheese. I can never taste the cheese, though, so if you'd prefer not to have the cheese in it, don't worry. You can't tell it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment